Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Twenty-twenty twenty-four hours to go...

Ahhh, just under 24 hours until I'll be at the Annie Lennox concert at the Carnival Center down in Miami, and today I had the...

  • mundane
    (Post work traffic was frustrating, as normal. And at lunch today, the KFC i went to was running on emergency power for some reason.)
  • insane
    (Outer-band winds from Tropical Storm Noel were blowing all day, and there is still a strong wind here which will probably be stronger tomorrow. But good news for the school kids here, apparently: if the winds go above 40 mph, there won't be school tomorrow because the buses don't drive in those winds.)
  • inane
    (A coworker answered the phone after (!) work hours, and then transfered it to me... it took 12 minutes. 12!)
  • deranged
    (A father at dinner tonight literally had a conniption after his son touched his food. He stormed up to get some napkins, then came back to the table and started throwing the "contaminated" food across the table, then proceeded to go purchase a replacement, all the while berating his soon about how rude it was to touch another person's plate--and completely missing how rude it was to scold you child from 5-10 minutes in a public place...)

Added to this is that the person that's been handling the finances for our (tiny) condo association is selling his place and moving (coming about a 2 weeks after one of the other 5 owners announced she was going to move out and lease her place); and I randomly figured out yesterday that I'm semi broke at the moment. So fun all around: yeah!!! (But not so terrible, actually: I realized I'm way more than halfway through Crime & Punishment, maybe even 3/4th of the way through--woo-hoo!)

Oh, and today's song randomly got stuck in my head today: I've not even seen an episode of My So-Called Life recently... maybe it's cause Halloween's tomorrow?

Twenty, twenty, twenty-four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do, nowhere to go...

I wanna be sedated

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Possibly the best ep of MSCL ever. But do you remember what Angela's little sister dressed up as for Halloween?

http://buzzsugar.com/742909

Matt said...

No... but I do remember the first Buffy Halloween episode, where they all turned into their costumes. Xander as a soldier, Willow as a ghost, classic goodness.