Wednesday, November 21, 2007

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night

As I was headed over to see Beowulf with some friends last night at the IMAX (in 3D! none-the-less), I remembered something I failed to mention in the last post: last week I noticed one of the local radio stations had already flipped over to its Christmas format. Last week! A full blown week before Thanksgiving!

I'm now boycotting the station through the holidays... hence the "so long, fare well" today (and so much for Holiday Cheer...)

I got so wrapped up in finishing Crime & Punishment on Monday that I forgot about that....
Beowulf, by the way, was interesting, though bloodier than my typical movie fare. Otherwise, not much else going on; just getting ready for Thanksgiving tomorrow. And work today neared painful slow pace (particularly since it was the last work day this week).

There's a sad sort of clanging
From the clock in the hall
And the bells in the steeple, too
And up in the nursery
An absurd little bird
Is popping out to say coo-coo
(coo-coo, coo-coo)

1 comment:

Pete said...

Happy Thanksgiving...

Hope you got the turkey I threw your way... :)