Thursday, November 01, 2007

Sometimes vocabulary runs through my head, the alphabet goes right from A to Zed...

My scary story for Halloween--now that it's All Saints Day:

So, earlier this week, I'm driving around after night practice, and the d.j. on the radio comes on to introduce the next song. The introduction is along the lines of "Now, despite what you might think, this song did not come out like a year or two ago... but actually back in the 90s." The song? Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-A-Lot. (ahhh, kids today...)


As for last night--at the risk of exposure to Erin's wrath (or maybe it's just jealousy?)--the Annie Lennox concert was great. Annie sounded wonderful, and sang an amazing amount of stuff (though not Wonderful). She opened with No More 'I Love You's and closed with Why, and in between sang (grouped by album, not concert order):

  • off "Diva": Little Bird, Walking on Broken Glass, Cold
  • off "Medusa": Waiting in Vain (excellent guitar work, btw)
  • off "Bare": Pavement Cracks, A Thousand Beautiful Things
  • off "Songs of Mass Destruction": Dark Road, Smithereens, Ghost in My Machine, Sing, and I think Love is Blind
  • Eurythmics era: Sweet Dreams, Here Comes the Rain Again, There Must be an Angel (she nailed the intro), Sisters are Doing It for Themselves, Thorn in My Side
I think that was it... did I mention there were concert-goers in costume? There was even a man in the front row in a penguin costume... and if that doesn't distract Erin, maybe this nice version of the Jackson 5's I Want You Back by KT Tunstall will or the All Saints song today...

Flexing vocabulary runs right through me
The alphabet runs right from A to Z
Conversations, hesitations in my mind
You got my conscience asking questions that I can't find

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! just because you're a rotten bastard doesn't mean you have free reign to mock me here!!! watch it, or i'll start bugging you about how many months it's taking you to read C&P...