Thursday, December 13, 2007

Closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...

This is turning into my social week, leaving not much time for posting...

Last Saturday I spent helping out at a meet, and then followed it by going to see The Golden Compass and then went out to celebrate a friend of mine getting her visa. Sunday was spent watching The Polar Express and visiting IKEA.

Monday was fairly normal. Tuesday night I was at the Broward County Sports Hall of Fame induction dinner, where June Kraser was inducted. Last night I followed practice with dinner with some Masters friends. Tonight I did some last minute shopping for my staff Christmas party tomorrow. And then Saturday and Sunday nights I'm at events...

I guess it's the holiday time, although except for tomorrow night's fĂȘte, nothing's really directly relates to the holidays; it's just more coincidental. And all this social activity keeps my mind off the fact that I got bumped off all my committees for USA Swimming, that one of my co-workers resigned on Tuesday, that another co-worker's mother-in-law died last week, and that my Dad had cataract surgery last week... (although that bit does remind me that I should call and check on him). Oh, and then there's the step-dad's birthday that was this week, as well... and maybe I'll get to see Blade Runner this weekend in the theater...

Closing time, time for you to go out
To the places you will be from...

No comments: