Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I'll have a blue Christmas without you...

Merry Christmas!

This year's festivities have been a wee bit strange for me, though nice. Almost all my friends have gone home for the weekend/week, to exotic places like Costa Rica, Albuquerque, Pennsylvania and Ohio (yes, exotic, no?). And while this is basically the same thing that happened last year (I stayed, others went), I felt much more alone this year.

But in any case, yesterday I put up my tree (upper left), wrapped and mailed some gifts, and then later on in the day headed out to see Enchanted.

The strangeness continued through today, when I woke up my sister when I called her at 12:30 p.m. (it was 9:30 in California where she lives). This is strange, because typically she's up at the crack-of-dawn on Christmas morning, to open her presents... she even work me up last year. But after a good 20 minute chat, I believe I woke her enough so that she got up. I followed this with a trip this afternoon to my boss's house for Christmas dinner, which went well. All-in-all, not so terrible.

Now I just need to get ready to head back to work tomorrow... (and then start preparing to head to San Antonio on Friday--I'm going home for New Year's instead of Christmas this year ;)

Decorations of red, on a green Christmas tree
Won't be the same dear, if you're not here with me

No comments: