Wednesday, December 19, 2007

So I cynically, cynically say, the world is that way, surprise, suprise, suprise...

Well, I have survived my social week, but my car may have not.

I went to start my car at lunch on Monday, and it wouldn't: turning the ignition just lead to a rapid clicking. So I called a mechanic, had the car towed to their shop, and they set about working on it. By the end of the day, the car had a new starter, and another problem...

As I was picking up the car, the mechanic asked if I'd noticed a problem with the car shifting into gear. I told him I didn't think so, based off his description. I then got into the car and proceeded to drive to the pool. Almost from the start of that drive I noticed that my '97 Saturn SL1 had not been behaving normally. The car felt like it was starting in second gear, and consequently had no off-the-line acceleration (which here in FtL with the way one misses every light is not only highly noticeable, but it also makes trying to turn across streets problematic).

So on Tuesday, I took the car back into the shop to have this new problem looked at. After inspecting it yesterday, the cause wasn't tracked down (other than the electrical system had a notice that the car wasn't shifting properly into gear) so the mechanic schlepped my car to an electrical shop to be looked at and I hopped on a bus 55 to get home (the bus ride was kind of nice--I even got some reading in).

As I didn't hear anything from the mechanic today, I'm guessing that my car is still sitting at the electrical shop (oh the fun). Hopefully, the problem isn't the transmission, as the mechanic mentioned that he thought it could be that... and that therefor I should buy a new car (which I can't tell if he's trying to be helpful, or if he's just telling me to get a new car in a more and more noticeable area trend to just buy new items when a minor thing happens to them...). But at some point soon, I'll find out. Oh fun: I guess my car replacement plans are being bumped up a few months. And thankfully, I was able to bum a car off a friend who headed out of town today (thanks V ;).


And other than the car, it's been rather cold here at night, getting down into the 50s. Which is particularly cold when one is getting out of the pool, at night...

Crazy I know, places I go
Make me feel so tired
I can see how people look down
I'm on the outside

Here's, where the story ends

No comments: