Monday, December 03, 2007

Si voy a perderte ya...

Saturday night was big on me losing things. I lost the 2 remaining school records that I had at UT (in the 1000 and 1650 frees) in Austin, and in Atlanta I lost my status as "defending National Champion" in the 1650...

Of course I've held the latter since 1990 mostly due to a technicality: this is the first time since 1990 that there has been a yards U.S. Nationals (the applicable spring meet has been meters since then).

And as for the former (the school records), I've figured since last March they would probably be bettered this year. They both almost fell last year, and it was only due to a fluke of an illness that they weren't.

So, all-in-all, not terribly surprising... though still kinda sucky. I guess I'll just have to take solace in the fact that this year's winner at Nationals went around 25 seconds faster than what I went way back when... (if that's comforting?). Oh, and all of this happened between sessions of a leadership seminar for CCCAN ("say-say-can" is the Central American and Caribbean swimming confederation...).

Si voy a perderte ya
Que sea por vez final
Si voy a perderte ya
Es para siempre...
¿Entiendes?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Record losses: inevitable, but sad nonetheless!

As a non-Spanish speaker, I did link to the song :-)

mph

Jason said...

Zig-Zig-Ah. I ALMOST pulled this out on Ziegler's American record from tonight.

I'm losing interesting ways of announcing Kate Ziegler just broke another record. Plus, with the Spice Girls comeback tour, it might be possible.

I just guarantee that my bosses would make me change that quirky lead in about 10 seconds.

Anonymous said...

b/c i couldn't get on the internet last night, so i could get onto facebook, so i could tell the world wide web thattttt... I GOT A CARRRR.
yesss.
my mom bought it for me.
it's a 1994 plymouth sundance & it's bright turquoise.
:D

-char-day

jarret said...

your still my hero sir hoopness!