Saturday, December 22, 2007

Do they know it's Christmas time at all?

Ah, the winter solstice is upon us (it's actually today), making today the shortest day of the year.

And marking the end of my week activities, yesterday morning I hung out at the bus stop sign at right for about 20 minutes (I walked a wee bit quicker to the stop that I thought I would) to catch bus 55 to work. The ride over wasn't too bad: I got a chapter in Middlesex read, and scored a seat before it got crowded (and it was crowded by the time I got off about 30 minutes later).

About an hour or so into work, and after shelling out $900 to pay for a new Transmission Harness, I got my car back. The good news is that it is working mostly normally again (and I don't need to get another car right away); the bad news: the pesky chiming when the driver's side door is open is back.

Oh well... just need to get my Christmas shopping done, now... and enjoy the 4-day weekend, even if all the days are short.

And in our world of plenty, we can spread a smile of joy
Throw your arms around the world at Christmas time

No comments: