Sunday, January 04, 2009

Grandma got run over by a reindeer

This weekend, I am recovering from swimming a 5K at yesterday morning's International Swimming Hall of Fame Roughwater swim. The conditions for this year's race were much calmer then when I swam it 2 years ago (I missed last year due to being sick the weekend of the swim), but had similar results: I again finished 4th (this year in a time of 1 hour and 9 minutes).

The swim, itself, went alright, though I couldn't really change gears at all during the race (a problem for me of late)--will need to work on that. Along with that was that both my calves cramped right as I attempted to exit the water and run to the finish. It took about 10 seconds or so to get my ankles bent again to where I could stand and walk to the finish (and I'm not entirely sure why they cramped, given I didn't really kick during the race...).

Anyways, in recovery mode, and enjoying the long weekend (work was--nicely--closed Thursday and Friday for the New Year's).

Grandma got run over by a reindeer,
Walking home from our house Christmas Eve,
You can say there's no such thing as Santa,
But as for me and Grampa, we believe

No comments: