Sunday, December 31, 2006

Come on and we'll sing... like we were free... push the pedal down, watch the around, fly by us


"Takin' on the jellies"

Yesterday morning, that is; while swimming a 5K off Fort Lauderdale Beach. There was some red-flag surf as well (right), due to a strong wind blowing in from off-shore.

Surprisingly, conditions weren't too terrible. Sure, the rough waters were not exactly fun (I definitely kept them in mind throughout the race) and I did get 3-4 jelly fish stings during the race (two on my left forearm, one on my forehead, and one on my right wrist), but I felt good throughout the whole race. I even managed to do some body surfing into the finish, and got the random beat out of my head and replaced with the 3-4 lines I currently know of Mat Kearney's Nothing Left to Lose. I ended up 4th overall, by the way--also not terrible.

Thankfully, my stings weren't as bad as others--no welts on mine, unlike 2 college swimmers present, one who had a welt line straight across his torso, the other who had a "C" pattern across his chest/stomach and a line continuing across his back. It looked painful--then again, we can't all be as talented as Nemo's Dad (Marlin) to earn Crush's praise.

Come on and we'll try... one last time...
I'm off the floor, one more time to find you
And here we go, there's nothing left to choose
And here we go, there's nothing left to lose

1 comment:

jarret said...

Did you know that is Bruce Wigo in your photo, yes I know it rhymes.