Wednesday, March 04, 2009

It's a comedy of errors you see

So... last week a rare and wondrous thing happened: I paid off one of my credit cards. (woo-hoo!!!!)

Today, I got a notice from said card that my new statement was ready. I logged into my account, and I owe $1.48--a bank fee.

Now, it's not a lot, and I don't mind paying it so much. What I do mind is that I paid the freaking card off! And I even attempted to overpay the card, so I could cover what I thought would be the charge that would come (this is not the first time that this has happened to me). But I couldn't overpay: it wouldn't let me.

Anyways, before I went to pay tonight, I called the card company to make sure that I wouldn't get another statement again next month, this time saying I owed $0.01. I ended up speaking to a gentleman with an Indian accent, who was apparently in a room with a compatriot nearby (who was on the phone with someone else). I then went on good behavior and did not ask if he'd seen Slumdog Millionaire.

Instead, I inadvertantly got a credit on my account for the fee... almost right after I'd authorized the payment from my bank of the funds. So, I will probably now have a credit on the account. Ahh the fun.


Do you miss me, Miss Misery
Like you say you do

No comments: