Sunday, June 28, 2009

Blame it on the rain, yeah, yeah...

I tired to swim today. I wasn't particularly motivated to do so, being tired from being at the pool 5:30-8:30 Friday night, and all day yesterday and today (7 a.m.-8:30 p.m., more or less); and also being tired from an apparent lack of sleep. The fact that I got in 4500 long course yesterday didn't contribute much either. Or the rather general pesky stress helping at the meet entails for me (due to what I tend to do at meets).

But what really screwed things up--and completely thwarted my initiative that did get me to put my suit in my car this morning and got me to walk out to said car and get it and get into it--was the lightning that happened over the pool a 300 into my swim. That the storm stayed in place overhead for the next hour really dampened this as well. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.


Blame it on the rain, that was fallin' fallin'
Blame it on the stars, that shine at night
Whatever you do, don't put the blame on you
Blame it on the rain, yeah yeah

No comments: