Monday, June 22, 2009

The world makes its rotation...

The summer solstice was yesterday, and I completely missed my chance at having some kind of pagan celebration for it. Drat. Course, it was Father's Day as well, and I did manage to call my Dad, so that was good.

As for today, in a rather strange occurrence (perhaps marking the change from days getting longer to them getting shorter?), I managed to leave work on time for the first time in months. That had me finishing swimming and home relatively early (7:15), so much so that I managed to get some laundry going tonight and to watch The Man Who Knew to Much. (Did you know that 'Que Sera Sera' is from there? Well, actually, in the film it's called "Whatever Will Be, Will Be". Doris Day sings it fairly early in the movie, in some probable Hitchcocking foreshadowing....)


Gotta get my message
Stop spending all our precious time
Because before you know it
We'll be down to our last dime


There are no explanations
For why I feel the way I do
The world makes its rotations...

No comments: