Thursday, June 04, 2009

You shouldn't have to jump for joy

The weather cooperated much better on Tuesday and yesterday, so much so that I felt compelled to not swim tonight (after swimming both the past two nights)--despite the clear skies. I talked myself into the notion that the weather will be fine tomorrow, and that I could instead come home and read some more of Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson & the Olympians series I'm in the middle of. And while I know they are written for 8th graders, there are written by someone from my hometown of San Antonio (plus the 8-grade level makes them a quick read for me).

These are five books in the series. I read the first (The Lightning Thief) on Sunday; the second (The Sea of Monsters) on Monday; took a break on Tuesday night (reading through most of the night instead of sleeping is not the best thing); and the third (The Titan's Curse) on last night. Although, now that I think about it, I should probably attempt to get to bed earlier tonight... so I guess I'll hold off on starting book #4 (The Battle of the Labyrinth) to help with that.

But hopefully, in breaks of the meet I'm helping with this weekend, I'll get some time to read....


Shout, shout, let it all out
These are the things I can do without
Come on, I'm talking to you
Come on

No comments: