Friday, December 23, 2005

I get a little bit closer to feelin' fine

Everyday is a winding road, or rather, everday I would be driving a winding road if I were still living in San Antonio. Now this road, which I've been driving/riding for the past 20 years or so, is the way I get to the pool. It's actually only become any kind of issue since I left, apparently, as the majority of it is now under major reconstruction.

Because of this construction, half the road is closed, so it's now done to 2 lanes from 4. Given the traffic on it, this would make the daily drive to and from work at the pool not a lot of fun. Already, the stoplights that have gone up on it, which have doubled the travel time from 7 minutes to 15-20 drive me crazy. I think I'd really be hating it's current state.

But in any case, in other news, I finally finished The Republic this morning (yeah!), and survived through practice both last night and this morning (and given that the yardage is double what I've been doing--7,000--as is the intensity). And later today I'm gonna meet up with one of my fellow Marshall/Alamo Area alums, Kathy. That is assuming I get some more packing and wrapping done...

No comments: