Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Interjections! show excitement or emotion; they're generally set apart from a sentence by an exclamation point...

...or by a comma when the feeling's not as strong.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas--even though I'm not quite sure if the tree's up in the Grand Hotel, which I'm guessing is in New York City. Still things here in Lauderdale are rather festive, even if I avoided Winterfest over the weekend. Course, there's no snow, but that's ok: I'm not much on shoveling or slick streets. Anyways, today is my last work day before heading back to Texas for Christmas, so I've been frantically trying to get stuff done before my departure (like wrap presents, watch & return some DVDs, find a ride to the airport--you know the important things).

What has been up of late? Well, I finished off about 90% of my shopping, saw King Kong (which was alright--I wasn't super keen to see it, but is is a good adventure movie, if you're looking for one) and went to my swim team's and work's holiday parties (the former was alright except I paid $10 and didn't get any food because I had to leave before it was served--no I'm not bitter about it--and the latter was excellent, though I'd rather have gotten the dancing chicken than what I ended up with--tho the rattlesnake eggs I did get are rather cool).

Other than that, pretty much the only real eventful thing is that I have a screw in one of my tires, which is slowly causing air to leak out. I probably should get it fixed before leaving town today, but with all the holiday craziness I figure it would be better to wait until I get back next week. So my car will just have to be screwed for a little longer, I guess... (yeah, I know it's bad, but I couldn't resist)

Oh! the best part about going home: I should be able to post my back-logged blogs! (yeah! the crowd goes wild)









[ really posted Dec.24.05 ]

No comments: