Monday, December 12, 2005

Wish it were a Sunday, 'cause that's my fun day

Actually, (hopefully) most of today's manic-ness was on the drive to work, and afterwards has been rather ok. Recently, I've been trying to push my arrival time to work earlier, but haven't had much success. This is usually because I tend to not get out of the house an earlier despite my best plans (some of which is partially to blame on Buffy and Angel both being on whilst I dress--on FX and TNT).

Today, however, was an exception. I actually managed to depart the house about 10 minutes early--definately a shocker. But any advantage I gained was lost the instant I strayed from my normal path to work. This morning, due to a lack of milk and o.j. in my fridge, I decided to grab a Dr Pepper on the way to work. Since my normal route doesn't cross the path of a convenience store, most inconveniently, I turned onto an alternative street and into traffic.

Normally, my trip into work takes about 10-15 minutes, so when I got stuck on one block for 15, I knew I was in trouble. To add to this, when I could finally turn off the wickedly congested road, I had to turn away from the office as I was on the wrong side of the street. So I took a right, away from work and the convenience stores on the way to it, and doubled back to return to my normal route so I could only be a wee bit late to the office. However, when I got back around, the normally vacant train tracks I must cross had a train on them, stopped.

So I called into work, explained what was happening and got advice on a detour--way to the south. Thirty minutes later I got to the office--such a good way to start the week.

[ really posted Dec.24.05 ]

No comments: