Saturday, December 31, 2005

Should auld acquaintance be forgot, and never brought to mind?

Well, it's New Year's Eve, and most likely I won't be watching the ball drop in Times Square. Not sure what I'll be doing instead, but I've never much of a fan of watching people freeze in a big crowd--watching people in general, yes; just not so much on t.v.

So today I finally took my car in to get the screw taken out of my tire, and it only took 3 hours!!! Well, the actual tire repair only took about 20 minutes; it just took them 2+ hours to get to my car. So I got to wander around the shops nearby (and amazingly, I didn't buy anything but lunch).

And I was able to take my tire in this morning because I couldn't swim: my club team has been kicked out of our normal pool so that a bunch of college swim teams can come train with it.

Where I usually swim

So the Masters group I swim with is now practicing at Ft. Lauderdale High School ("Home of the Flying L's" apparently; not exactly sure what a flying L is tho...), but I guess we didn't get pool time today. But on the plus side FLHS is actually closer to my house than our normal pool, so I don't need to drive as far... although that does cut down on some of my prime phone call making time.

But, in any case, have a good new year. Maybe I'll go check out a movie this afternoon...

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
And days o' auld lang syne.

No comments: