Thursday, February 02, 2006

Babe. I've got you, babe...

Then put your little hand in mine,
There ain't no hill or mountain we can't climb...


Happy Groundhog Day! Unfortunately, Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow earlier today, so we'll be having six more weeks of winter.... Then again, winter's not really a terrible thing down here in Fort Lauderdale, so maybe it's not such a big deal.

As for the week, it's going alright. I've not managed to really unpack anything , due to doing some late work and trying to fix my computer. But luckily Oscar nominations came out earlier this week--now I just need to see about 15 movies, as I've not been very good a seeing what's been nominated. Of the 5 Best Pic nods, I've only managed to see one: Brokeback Mountain. I would like to catch Crash, and maybe Capote and Good Night, and Good Luck; but I'm not really all that interested in Munich (still tired of Spielberg, for some reason).

However, odds are I won't be seeing any of them this weekend, and not because of the Super Bowl. I've got a swimming clinic and am predicting work for Saturday, and then a Masters meet in Coral Springs on Sunday. Hmmm, maybe I'll squeeze one in...

Oh, and, yes, I was one of the apparently huge amount of the U.S. population that didn't watch the State of the Union address. Why, you may ask? Well, for one, I do not really like nor want to hear W speak: I don't believe most of what's coming out of his mouth, anyways. Second, I'm really not a fan of politicized mumbo-jumbo, with generalities that only mention important things without actually saying anything import. Third, I was working the night it was on. Fourth, the (web) media report about the damn thing before it happened--amazingly being able to see into the future. And lastly I realize where we are, or at least think I do.

Anyways, enough with the political rant... I've got crap to do. In some ways, the idea of living the day over and over has its appeal: it would give me more time to get things done (at least in my own twisted little brain), like read In Cold Blood.

Btw, did you know that without Truman Capote, we'd have no Holly Golightly? (He wrote Breakfast at Tiffany's.)

No comments: