Tuesday, June 06, 2006

As now can't reveal the mysteries of tomorrow

06-06-06

Well, I’ve been back from Jamaica for just about 2 days, and am slowly getting back into the flow of things. Even got my first electricity bill today--woo hoo! (no sarcasm here, nope, none at all...) And almost fell victim to an irksome problem here: getting change without getting all your change.

Tonight is not the first time I’ve run into this quirk of South Florida. And I don’t know how to deal with it when it happens; although I may have found a good option tonight. At issue tonight was a whole whopping $0.34. Not an incredibly huge amount, I know; but since I stockpile my change as a way of savings, I’m kinda protective of it. I’ve also feel bad when the change benefit is on my side (when they give me change back). It just throws me off… makes me want to screw around with their tip; which then places me in a really bad position.

Take tonight. I was planning on giving a $2 (right around 16%) tip. When I didn’t get the change back, my only real recourse (other than no tip at all--which I wasn't up to being that much of a jerk) was to leave just a $1 (less than 10%--and I didn’t feel that mean either).

So, after waiting for around 10 minutes for my waitress to return, and pondering whether I should just leave the $1 with a note, I got my waitress to give me the change of my change instead...

I guess it’s just another reason charge things... and My Life on the D-List is on (must go).


As now can't reveal the mystery of tomorrow
But in passing will grow older every day
Just as all is born is new
Do know what I say is true

1 comment:

jarret said...

Fight the power!!

NICE GUY EDDIE
C'mon, throw in a buck.

MR. WHITE
Uh-uh. I don't tip.

NICE GUY EDDIE
Whaddaya mean you don't tip?

MR. WHITE
I don't believe in it.

NICE GUY EDDIE
You don't believe in tipping?

MR. PINK
(laughing)
I love this kid, he's a madman,
this guy.

MR. BLONDE
Do you have any idea what these
ladies make? They make shit.

MR. WHITE
Don't give me that. She don't
make enough money, she can quit.