Friday, June 30, 2006

Istanbul was Constantinople, now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...

...Been a long time gone, Constantinople
Now it's Turkish delight, on a moon-lit night.


Kinda a crazy week, with not much really going on.

Monday... was Monday. Nothing really good nor (thankfully) bad happened.

Tuesday... I inadvertantly set my clock an hour ahead instead of my alarm, and consequently got to work an hour late (but not 2 hours, like I originally thought I as going to be).

Wednesday... I met with a loan officer to finalize paperwork to find out how much of a loan I might be able to get, and also got yelled at by a swimmer I was coaching.

Thursday... I spent 90 minutes individually approving 300+ emails I was sending out (where, oh where is that mass email approval switch in Outlook?!?).

Friday (today)... I actually got up early! (yeah) And it was all downhill from there... but I did find out I get Monday and Tuesday of next week off :)

Otherwise, not too much excitement, other than tomorrow I'm gonna look at properties with one of my real estate agents... Oh!, I did find a quote from my current book to share:
"It is an outrage that the phrase 'human resources' was not strangled at birth. I hate it for its ugliness and its sloppiness. A moment's thought tells you that resources are exploited, used up, squeezed for every last drop of value, and then replaced."

--page xviii of Between You and I by James Cochrane


Which reminds me that I want to check out The Devil Wears Prada this weekend...

Every gal in Constantinople
Lives in Istanbul, not Constantinople
So if you've a date in Constantinople
She'll be waiting in Istanbul

No comments: