Monday, June 26, 2006

Or am I standing still, with the scenery flying by...

How was everyone’s weekend? Mine was good, occupied, but good. For most of the weekend I helped out at what may be the biggest age-group meet in the world (there were 1200+ swimmers in the thing); at least when it wasn’t partially rained out (that was only on Sunday mid-day, though, due to a nice tropical wave that blew in from the Bahamas). So I was at the meet every night from Thursday-Sunday, and in the morning on Saturday and Sunday. In between, I squeezed in my first open house.

I’m looking for a place to buy--given the real estate market here, that means I can afford about a square foot of property here for the cost of an estate in South Texas... actually, the cost comparison is closer to: in San Antonio you’d get a 3-4 bedroom/2-3 bath nice house, with a good yard for what a studio condo goes for here. And I’m still not seeing the mass appeal to being here... there’s not even any good Mexican food.

But it’s all good--I guess. At least I’ve got Hoodwinked to watch (which I’m gonna get back to now).


Or am I standing still, beneath the darkenin’ sky
Or am I standing still, with the scenery of fly
Or am I standing still, out of the corner of my eye
Was that you, passing me by?

No comments: