Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My flag boy and your flag boy, sitting by the fire...

It's Flag Day.


Did you know that on today...
-the U.S. Army was established by the Continental Congress (1775)
-the Stars and Stripes was adopted as the U.S. flag (1777)
-Bourbon was first produced (1789)
-Benedict Arnold died (1801)
-Superman first appeared (1938)
-Anne Frank starts her diary (1942)
-President Eisenhower insert's "under God" into the Pledge of Allegiance (1954)
-The Gong Show debuted on t.v. (1976)


(which reminds me: Did you know that the U.S. national motto used to be "E pluribus unum" until 1956; in '56 in became "In God We Trust"--I think we need to go back to the "out of many, one"...)


Talkin' 'bout
Hey now (hey now)
Hey now (hey now)
Iko iko an nay (whoah-oh)
Jockomo feena ah na nay
Jockomo feena nay

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew bourbon was a part of patriotism!

I don't remember why we shifted away from e pluribus unum. I agree with your point!

mph