Sunday, June 04, 2006

I remember when we used to sit...

In Jamaica at the mo... New Kingston, to be exact. Not exactly the tourist mecca of Jamaica that Negril or Montego Bay are, among others, but not terribly shabby. I envision it could be one, eventually, mostly because of things like the Bob Marley museum and Port Royal.

Port Royal, as in haven of pirates in days of yore, and locale in Pirates of the Caribbean. Never mind the fact that half of the city sank during an earthquake just outside the inlet to Kingston Harbor, making it a potential awesome place to scuba dive (I believe building just sunk underwater).

Sure, there's a whole bunch of significant gang warfare going on in "old" Kingston; but one day, things will get better--they're working on it.


My feet is my only carriage,
So Ive got to push on through.
But while Im gone, I mean:
Everythings gonna be all right
Everythings gonna be all right

No comments: