Saturday, June 17, 2006

It's too darn hot, it's too darn hot...

...brother, you fight my baby tonight,
Cause it's too darn hot.


Actually, it's not really terribly hot here; just way too humid... er, sticky... sultry, even (as Momma says in Throw Momma from the Train, much to Billy Crystal's vexation). "Too damn sultry, in here..." But the Kiss Me Kate lyrics still seem applicable.

Week's going fairly ok, and the U.S. just scored a goal against Italy at the World Cup in Germany--the U.S. needs to beat Italy, if they stand any chance of advancing after their dismal loss to the Czech Republic early this week. Speaking of the World Cup, there's an interesting op-ed article here, which has this quote I like:
"Billions will watch on TV. The citizens of all 32 countries with teams in the tournament will be transfixed when their teams are playing. Well, maybe not the Australians, who would prefer soccer if it involved swimming. And the Americans, who would prefer soccer if it involved scoring."
Too fitting...

Anyways, the week's gone alright. Still catching up on stuff at work, I managed to make 2--count 'em 2--morning swim practices this week, and got birthday presents way/wicked early from my sister (one of which is a portable camcorder which recommends itself to video blogging... which I guess I'll be investigating now).

As for today, I swam a Masters meet earlier (2 fr-2:11, 4 fr-4:33, 2 bk-2:25); not great, but not terrible either (way funky splitting tho... massive negative split in the 4). And after eating, I should either help one of my friends paint or do some more unpacking...


As nice as it is to have my rug down on the floor (visible and there to sit on while watching the 4400), the rest of the place is a mess still (unlike the pic at left).

And, as I should get to calling Justin about painting, I will wrap up here that while lunching at Taco Bell earlier this week, the message on my mild sauce packet said: "My sauce is an honor student at Taco Middle School." Just put a little smile on my face, mid-week.


Oh, and here's a cool article on function over form for fitness...

No comments: