Monday, January 29, 2007

Just slip out the back, Jack, make a new plan, Stan

Weekend went alright here in South Texas. Saturday started out a little foggy (the picture at left is from heading into the pool (below) for morning practice). The fog cleared by mid-day, not that it mattered too much: I spent most of the afternoon inside Northside's other pool watching the District meet (which went alright).

At the meet, I got to hang out and catch up with folks (old coaches, friends), as well as see how much my old District has slowed down... It was also good that I didn't swim a whole lot on Saturday morning, due to the double I did on Friday (not exactly sure why I did, but it worked out ok).

As for Sunday, I drove up to Austin and hung out with old rowing friends--didn't even freeze while waiting to get into the Salt Lick for dinner. It was good to catch up with folks... course, I was forced into sleeping-in this morning, so I haven't headed to the pool today (but will this afternoon). And as I must be heading out for that soon, I will bid you "hasta"...

[a Muppet version of today's song--with Animal on drums, even]

There must be 50 ways to leave your lover
Just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
Don't mean to be coy, Roy
Just listen to me

No comments: