Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The whole shack shimmies when everybody's moving around, and around, and around, and around...

It's apparently cold in most of the country (as I told some friends in Colorado, that purple means it's damn cold there--as opposed to just plain old "cold"). Course I'm underneath that "75" in the lower, right corner, so it's not really cold here. It also means the local schools here are open, as are the roads; unlike in San Antonio--under the "34" in the lower center part of the map.

I spoke to my mom today (she's in San Antonio). 34's actually the warmest its been there for the past 2 days. My mom said it didn't get above 29° F at the house yesterday, and because of the freezing precipitation (ice, sleet, frozen rain; no snow in S.A. but some in the Hill Country), there were icicles on the house.

The weather, unfortunately, knocked out their power last night, around 8 p.m., so they missed what apparently was the best game of the whole NCAA basketball season to date: Texas's triple-overtime loss at Oklahoma State, 105-103. When I called mid-day today, it was still out and the temperature inside the house was down to 50. Luckily the power came back on in the early afternoon, though (so maybe they'll catch the re-airing of the UT/OSU game on ESPN Classic tomorrow).

Otherwise, not much going on here in S.Fl. I got cut in front of in line at the bank by a woman who decided she could bypass the line all together, and who flatly denied cutting. (Just because you're at the dais at the entrance to the line filling out the form, doesn't mean you're in line--even if you're preparing to leave the stand for the line just as someone gets into line before you. And it really doesn't mean you can skip going into line all together. But hey, maybe the universe really does revolve around you; I really wasn't in a massive hurry to get anywhere, so I just took pleasure in the fact that you apparently needed to get through their quicker. Too bad I managed to leave before you did--not sure why you dallied so long afterwards.)

Anyways, the teller, after helping with the woman who cut in line and then me (for whatever reason, only 2 tellers on duty during lunchtime, and the other was tied up with something), and after my brief trash talkin' to the teller about her cutting ways, the teller compared me to Clark Kent... I'm guessing from the dark hair and glasses, but am not sure if there's some other implication there.

Anyways, enough. It's late... hasta y buenos sueƱos

Bang, bang, bang on the door baby (knock a little louder baby)
Bang, bang, bang on the door baby (knock a little louder, sugar)
Bang bang bang on the door baby (I can't hear you)
Bang, bang! (On the door, baby)
Bang, bang! (On the door...)
Your what!?....
Tin roof... rusted

No comments: