Saturday, January 06, 2007

You're driving all over town; in your big car, windows down

Traffic seems to have picked up here in Ft.L--I'm presuming because of the snowbirds. As I was driving today, the roads were more crowded than they have been of late; rather peskily so.

So I'm sitting at a u-turn light (I'd not known they existed until arriving here) on Federal (that's a street here, aka "U.S. 1"), patiently awaiting an opening to turn. A little into my wait, a guy on a motorcycle comes up on my outside, and proceeds to pull up next to me. As he does so, he comes to a stop right in my line-of-sight to oncoming traffic.

At this, I make a noise, and--since my windows were down and he reacted to it--I believe he heard me. The biker waves me on, like he's going to let me go and that he wasn't really trying to cut ahead of me--the jerk not realizing/caring that he's blocking my view of oncoming traffic. As I'd left my x-ray vision in my other car and couldn't see what was coming, I waved him on--not without some less-than-polite words (which hopefully he heard; and though I was tempted to say he made a better door than a window, I only thought it).

A few seconds later, he pulled into traffic, and a few after that I found my opening. Course, I do wonder if I could've saved a whole 20-30 seconds if he'd just waited.... Florida drivers are such fun.

What you do and what you say
Do you know the difference anyway?


(You can hear another good INXS song, also off X, here...)

No comments: