Monday, March 05, 2007

Come on, babe, why don't we paint the town... and all that jazz

It turns out I was either a tad over-ambitious or under-achieving this weekend. I managed to make my social/meal related activities on Saturday (morning practice, breakfast, lunch with co-workers, movie with friends, dinner with Masters teammates), but didn't really get to the productive stuff (oil change and laundry).

And I didn't get to either of them on Sunday, either--I eventually just called the whole thing off and did my tax return instead (at least it's done though).

I couldn't even manage to watch all of Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which I still need to finish (the movie with friends I saw was Zodiac--coincidently during the lunar eclipse).


Guess I'll try to get to it now... maybe it will get Chicago songs out of my head: I've had All That Jazz and Cell Block Tango drifting in and out since seeing sheet music for the latter down in Kendall on Friday (the theater the conference was in also hosts the Miami's Children's Theater).

Start the car, I know a whoopee spot
Where the gin is cold, but the piano's hot
It's just a noisy hall, where there's a nightly brawl
And all, that, jazz...

No comments: