Sunday, March 11, 2007

On their faces they wear a silly smirk 'cause they know I'm the king of the cool jerk

Sleepy...

This weekend has been rather busy and light on the rest, dominated by the Florida Sectional meet which ran Thursday-Sunday.

Friday, post work, I started working the meet, after waiting for a drawbridge and dodging the beginnings of Spring Break traffic here in La-t-dal. That went from 5:30-9:00 p.m. or so, then (after another drawbridge) I dropped by home briefly (1 minute inside) and headed over to a local bar (Blue Martini) for a friend's going away party (DBB's job transferred him to New York City--he left today). I stayed there about an hour and got home & to bed around 11 p.m.

Saturday, the alarm went off at 6:30 a.m., (drawbridge) so I could swim from 7:00-8:00, then had prelims and time trials for the meet from 9:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m., jotted over (drawbridge) to work and got some stuff done from 2:00-4:30, headed back to the pool (drawbridge) to help out with finals 5:30-8:30, and then (drawbridge) got home around 9:00 p.m. There I "sprung" my clock ahead its hour for Daylight Savings, and crashed...

This morning's wake-up was an hour later (7:30), but with Daylight Savings not so much so... what saved me was hearing Cool Jerk on the way to the pool (made me almost not mind the drawbridge being up, again). But, today I got about a 2-hour break at home mid-day, Nimrod (there's a swimmer in the meet who's name is Nimrod) and "non-nimrod" (one of the pool staff called one of Nimrod's competitors a nimrod, so we corrected him and told him he wasn't Nimrod) swimming, and the drawbridge was down on my way home tonight. :)

Now, I'm fixin' to watch The Best of So Graham Norton... so hasta.

Can you do it, can you do it, can you do it, can you do it
Can you do it, can you do it, can you do it, can you do it

No comments: