Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Just a slob like one of us, just a stranger on the bus, trying to make his way home?

Beware: Big Brother is watching you...

Well, not really; nothing so ominous, at least that I'm aware of. It's really only a reference to the fact that I activated some tracking stuff on the blog here over the weekend (Google Analytics, specifically) so I can figure out if I've got any lurkers. It doesn't appear as if I do, but there were some hits from China (not sure why, but hello! 你好 even).

As for the rest of my weekend, post-laundry mat fun, I went and caught Music and Lyrics (finally), with Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore (the music junkie in me almost necessitated me seeing it). I enjoyed it; somewhat sappy, but then again it was expected.

And related to the whole Big Brother thing, AT&T may have partially heard me: they are honoring the promotion BellSouth had/has for my service and as of yesterday, a refund check is on its way to me. [Yeah!] :) I didn't even really have to argue/fight when I called yesterday, which surprised me. After the 3-5 emails to customer service, and 3-5 phones calls of explanation, it was almost completely smooth sailing.

In other news, the 2007 World Championships in Aquatics began in Melbourne, Australia, this past weekend. The good stuff--the swimming--doesn't start until this Sunday, although Open Water did start this past weekend (diving, water polo and synchro are also currently going; they've put a pool in Rod Laver Arena--where the Australia Open tennis tournament is held). This interesting comment was made about one of Sunday's open water races:

The start of the men's [5K] race had the best right hook in this city since Azumah Nelson fought at Princes Park, landing fair on the jaw of an American.
Nice, no? And that's independent of the rough surf and jellyfish that were on the course (not to mention the water was apparently in the upper 60's...).

Anyways, nada mucho to report otherwise, although I am prep'ing to head to Houston this weekend for the South Central Zone meet (Masters). Should be fun.

Well, I should jet. Hasta...


What if God was one of us
Just a slop, like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home

[This song reminds me of Joan of Arcadia...]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ni hao! Ni hao!

(just seeing if I can mess with the system...)