Monday, March 26, 2007

Well Ali Baba had them 40 theives, Scheherazade had a 1,000 tales

The flight from U-ston to Lauderdale was uneventful (i.e. I slept the whole way), with nothing terribly noteworthy to report (plane was packed--completely opposite of the near-absolute vacancy of my flight Friday), I didn't even stay awake to see New Orleans as we passed.

However, as we passengers left the plane, two stewardess were at the exit saying "Thank You" and "Goodbye" over-and-over in a manner reminiscent of the Aladdin scene [at left] where Genie thanks Aladdin for flying Magic Carpet.

This helped get me through the fact that I got charged $9 to park for 4 hours at the airport... well, actually $33: $12 per day for 2 days and 4 hours. I'm not exactly sure how $9 works out to be the correct amount for 1/6 of a day though (and my brain wasn't up to the gymnastics at 10:30 last night when I was leaving the garage). I'll just have to write a nice complaint letter to someone at the City... it can match the one I sent today to the organizers of a "Men's Junior" event (if it's a junior event, it should be "Boys", no?--particularly since the age limit is 18... then again, high school events should be "boys" and "girls" too, but that doesn't seem to be happening much these days either).

Anyways, I'll stop before I get into full-blown rant... hasta
(Thank you, good bye, now. Thank you, goodbye. Thank you...)

You got some power in your corner now
Some heavy ammunition in your camp
You got some punch, pizazz, yahoo and how
See all you gotta do is rub that lamp

No comments: