Wednesday, January 02, 2008

But baby it's cold outside...

Once again, the new year has come and gone, and in its wake, a cold front has moved into South Florida. The low tonight is supposed to be in the 30's, which means the orange crop--north of here--is probably gonna freeze overnight. It also means I won't be needing my air conditioning tonight, and I may have to dig up my cold-weather clothes for tomorrow...

As for 2008, it has gotten off to an interesting start. In the midst of my flight back to Lauderdale yesterday, I ran across the parents of one of my old teammates in the Houston airport (their flight was the plane before mine in my connecting flight's gate). I got to hang out with them for about an hour or so and catch up, which was nice. (And Hobby Airport also earns props for having Christmas/Holiday music still playing yesterday!)

And this evening, I picked up a (red) iPod nano, to replace my current dying one (that's also run out of space).

Otherwise, I'm just trying to get re-adjusted back from Central time... and seemingly not having much luck. But luckily I'm in the middle of reading The Amber Spyglass, which I'm quite enjoying (though its recent reference to Metatron does have me wanting to watch Dogma)...

At least I'm gonna say that I tried
What's the sense of hurting my pride
I really can't stay
Oh baby don't hold out
Ah, but it's cold outside

No comments: