Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Following a girl, I didn't even want around...

Week is going alright... I still have "Waterloo" stuck in my head since Monday, but on the plus side, along with it, I've got KT Tunstall's version of The Jackson 5's I Want Back floating in there as well (hence why it's today's title). All of which has made some other things from this week easier to handle, like:

  • The fact that the t.v. media today kept saying the 2008 Presidential race is completely ruined or turned around after last night's second primary in New Hampshire. How can it be in shambles already? It's still the earliest part of the campaign (hence the name "primary"). Which reminds me...

  • I find it a tad disheartening that a t.v. station (in this case ABC) has been given the power of cutting candidates, particularly when one of the 3 is the one candidate who in the past 2 elections is who I've been advised most closely matches my views. Then again, he (Kucinich) has yet to make it far enough into a campaign for me to find out if this is true or not...

  • On a lighter side, 2 of my Christmas presents arrived this week: my new glasses tonight (replacing my old ones which has the right lens glued in place) and an iTunes gift card--yeah!. And speaking of iTunes...

  • I got an email today from iTunes that they will no longer be carrying the USA show Psych, and they are refunding me a pro-rated remainder of the balance remaining on my season pass for the show. Cool about the refund, but I'm bummed about losing the show... I wonder where it went (stupid NBC Universal didn't renew their contract with iTunes, apparently).

  • Also in the realm of (what I consider) stupid: a Canadian mother (in a very American behavior) is trying to sue her daughter into the 2010 Winter Olympics. Her daughter ski jumps, and the IOC has ruled that women's ski jumping, as a sport, hasn't developed enough to warrant its inclusion in Vancouver in 2010 (the sport's first appearance at a World Championships is schedule for I believe 2009)--and this from the same IOC which has been trying to find women's sports to add, is somewhat surprising. However, this reasoning isn't good enough for the mother (the articles I've seen, like this one, in addition to being biased toward the mother/daughter, never really mentions another family member), and so she's sued the Canadian government under human rights violations to get the sport added back in the Games.... Wouldn't it be cool if it did get added, and only like 5 countries had jumpers that knew what they were doing and maybe 4 others were entered in it? This at the pinnacle sport event for it--nice, eh?

  • But on a lighter note, luckily I was raised in similar conditions to the author of this article, where he wonders how he ever survived childhood doing things like playing in mud and not wearing shoes (and not getting sick...)

But enough for tonight: I've got some episodes of Dead Like Me to watch... hasta

Oh, baby, give me one more chance (I want you back)
Show you that I love you (I want you back)
Won't you please send me (I want you back)
Back into your heart (I want you back)

No comments: