Sunday, January 13, 2008

What part of our history's re-invented and under rug swept?

I now have 2 beautiful blue pieces of luggage... and, man, does it hurt to stub your toe against either of them.

I arrived home on Thursday and Friday to find a box "hidden" under my doormat, which I found a rather amusing sight (hence the picture). I'm at a loss for why the doormat was moved on top of them; this is also not the first time that my mat has been placed atop of an item that was clearly bigger than the mat, and by no means hidden by it (say like a envelope might be).

So I just try to find it entertaining, instead, and not worry too much about why the mat was moved...

As for this weekend, the operative description I keep finding for it is "low key". For yesterday, I had a grand plan for a massive clean-up of my place, which turned into me spending the day cleaning up of my iTunes list, instead (i.e. a low-key day). Last night, I hung out with some friends just chatting at a friends house (i.e. low-key evening). I headed home around midnight to try to get a good night sleep before a meet I had this morning, but instead ended up reading T is for Trespass until 6 a.m. (I stopped with 5 pages to go because I kept reading the same line over-and-over; and I don't recommend only getting 1.5 hours sleep before a meet.)

This morning, I woke up and headed to Boynton Beach (on the other side of Boca, so it was really far away), for the meet. It was small, but went well (low key meet). In around 2 hours I swam a 200 free (1:54.5), 200 back (2:07), 100 free (52.5) and 500 free (5:13). Post meet, I returned home, read the last 5 pages of T, and took a nap.

All-in-all, not a terrible weekend, just not highly productive. Now... I should try to get to sleep, so hasta

Ooh this could be messy
Ooh I don't seem to mind
Ooh don't go telling everybody
Overlook this supposed crime

No comments: