Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Now it's raining more than ever...

Ever get a song stuck in your head?

It's been raining a wee bit more than usual here the past two days. To the point that yesterday afternoon, it was raining fairly hard. So, the line above from Rihanna's Umbrella came into my head. As I have a friend who strongly dislikes the song, I--being the nice friend that I am--thought I would text that part of the lyric above to get it stuck in her head.

So, to pause from a chat I was having with another friend, I mention to friend #2 my plan to text friend #1 and try to get the song stuck her head. Ironically, the mere mention of the song to friend #2 caused it to get stuck in his head (which I just found funny).

In any case, I did manage to send the text in the end, though I believe my inadvertently planting of the song ended up being way more effective than my deliberate planting... (and now I'm also curious as to why "advertent" isn't showing up as a word...)

Now it's raining more than ever
Know that we'll still have each other
You can stand under my umbrella
You can stand under my umbrella (ella, ella, eh, eh)

No comments: