Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Take a chance, you just might grow

Much to the amusement of my sister, a few months ago I planted some redwood seeds (sequoia sempervirens, to be exact) and set them a-growing in my office.

At one point, I had about 8 or 9 sprouts growing, but at various stages, and mostly shortly after my being out of town, some have died off. This was mostly due to a lack of water while away (redwoods need a bunch of water).

At the moment, 4 sprouts remain--3 of which are pictured at left (the 4th is in the farthest container in the shot--on the upper right side--but in the part of the container not in the picture).

In any case I wanted to share a picture. Hopefully some of these guys will make it to a repotting stage.

Naturally I'm worried if I do it alone
Who really cares 'cause it's your life
You never know, it could be great

...
What you waiting, what you waiting, what you waiting, what you waiting, what you waiting for?

No comments: