Wednesday, February 04, 2009

If you're gonna do it, do it right

Call me good

  • I saw The Reader while in Columbus: it was good (once I got past the minor/adult affair that's a key point to the plot).
  • I got upgraded to First Class for the second half of my return flight home, allowing me to finish watching The Last of the Mohicans on my plugged-in laptop (the were power plugs in the seat).
  • The Year of the Ox stamps I order were waiting for me when I returned home (that's it pictured).
  • Tonight I found a really good reason to love the car I did get (rather than the one I didn't): because I bought a hybrid (and the type of hybrid I got) I get a $1,050 tax credit, which appears to be boosting my tax return from a $400 refund to a $1400 refund. And I'm paying half as much money for gas as I was and its better for the environment (so all that and a bag of chips).
  • After 3 months, I finally finished reading The Secret Agent over the weekend.
  • I found a cool version of Josh Joplin singing I Am Not the Only Cowboy, live in Atlanta on YouTube....

Call me bad
  • I am now back in Florida, and the cold weather appears to have followed me, somewhat. The low tonight for there area is in the high 30's: quite cold for here (particularly when exiting the water in an outdoor pool).
  • I completely missed getting a free Grand Slam at Denny's (I read about it shortly after the 2 p.m. end time yesterday).
  • Last month, I put a request in with my local library to check-out a DVD. I was put on a waiting list due to all copies being checked out at the time. Well, turns out, my turn for checking it out came... and went over the weekend. Apparently, the library has a 5-day holding period before it goes to the next person. My 5 days were Jan.28-Feb.2 (basically while I was gone in Ohio).

Call me anything...
  • I heard Wham!'s I'm Your Man while driving the other day... which got me bouncing a wee bit in my car as well as go the song stuck in my head. (The song itself, made me smile, so I guess that's a good thing, no? And looking it up on YouTube is making me bummed that I missed seeing George Michael in concert when he was here last year... particularly since the entire audience seems to be singing along.... :-/ )

I don't need you to care
I don't need you to understand
All I want is for you to be there
And when I'm turned on, if you want me
I'm your man

No comments: