Saturday, February 07, 2009

It's just a thought, only a thought

So recently, a few of my friends have "tagged" me with at "25 things about me" note on Facebook (it might be a crossed-over survey from MySpace). Of late I've been rather delinquent on keeping up with my FB stuff, so I've not actually been able to peruse the notes my friends have tagged me to, nor have I been able to write my own in response.

I went to start my list the other day, and thought to include the top-25 songs on my iTunes. But I soon realized there was probably too much encapsulated in my iTunes top-25 for it to be 1 of a list of 25. So instead, it's going here. I will preface (Mom: envision a dash between the "e" and "f" ;-) ) it with a few notes:

  • a few songs in the list (still) benefit from their longer history on my computer (e.g. the fact that those 2 KT Tunstall songs).
  • #2 should probably be #1, but I've got 3 versions of it (live audio, live video, and the original audio) dividing its total.
  • and I'm surprised by some of my 5-star songs that aren't anywhere near being in the top ("One" by U2, "Circle" by Edie Brickell & the New Bohemians).
But enough commentary: time to let the list speak....


The top-25 songs in my iTunes (play # as of 2/7/09):

#1--I Don't Feel Like Dancing Scissor Sisters (111)
You think I could muster up a little soft-shoe gentle sway, but I don't feel like dancin', no sir no dancin' today


#2--Nobody Knows Me [live] Madonna (100)
It's no fun, but the damage is done...

#3--Holiday in My Head Smash Mouth (93)
Do you believe everything that you read, everything that you see on the set?

#4--Restless Alison Krauss & Union Station (88)
There's a restless feeling in my bones, and I know that at times it just won't go away

#5--Time Sarah McLachlan (87)
Time, here, all but means nothing, just shadows that move cross the wall

#6--Red Red Red Fiona Apple (82)
But all I can see is red, red, red, red now... what am I gonna do

#7--Life for Rent Dido (82)
[I didn't know I'd not used this yet!--sweet, I'll use it here :) ]


#8--Black Horse and the Cherry Tree KT Tunstall (80)
With a big black horse & a cherry tree...

#9--Poster Girl Backstreet Boys (78)
I'm falling in love with the right-now poster girl

#10--Land of Canaan Indigo Girls (78)
Well the meaning's changed, for what it's worth, it's just a senseless game...

#11--Standing Still Jewel (77)
Or am I standing still, with the scenery flying by

#12--Minority Green Day (76)
I want to be the minority, I don't need your authority, down with the moral majority

#13--Just One of Those Things Diana Krall (74)
It was just, one of those things; just one of those crazy flings

#14--Suddenly I See KT Tunstall (72)
Suddenly I see, this is what I want to be

#15--Nothing Left to Lose Mat Kearney (71)
Come on and we'll sing... like we were free... push the pedal down, watch the around, fly by us

#16--L.A. Song Beth Hart (70)
Man I'm gonna get outta this town

#17--Left of Center Suzanne Vega (70)
If you want me, you can find me, left of center off of the strip

#18--Bleed Like Me Garbage (69)
Definitely a song here because it's one that's been in my iTunes the longest.... There are other songs by Garbage that I'd prefer to be here. I'm actually perplexed by this one. Not that I don't like the song, but I'm still perplexed.

#19--What You Waiting For? Gwen Stefani (69)
Take a chance, you just might grow

#20--Trouble P!nk (68)
I'm trouble y'all, I disturb my entire town

#21--Si voy a Perdete Gloria Estefan (67)
Si voy a perderte ya

#22--FotografĂ­a Juanes & Nelly Furtado (66)
En la distancia te puedo ver, cuando tus fotos me siento a ver

#23--Imitation of Life REM (66)
C'mon, c'mon, no one can see you try

#24--Foolish Games Jewel (64)
You took your coat off, and stood in the rain; you're always crazy like that

#25--Always on Your Side Sheryl Crow (63)
My yesterdays are all boxed up and neatly put away, but every now and then you come to mind


And tied with #25 at 63 plays are:
-Over My Head (Cable Car) -- The Fray
-Time -- Hootie & the Blowfish
-Is It Any Wonder? -- Keane


But if my life... is for rent
And I don't, learn, to buy
Well I deserve nothing more than I get
'Cause nothing I have... is truly mine

No comments: