Thursday, October 05, 2006

As I'm stumblin', tumblin', wonderin', as I'm travelin' on

A year ago this week was my 4-day drive to Florida, up and around the various mess along the Gulf Coast caused by Katrina and Rita. Kinda strange. I hadn't completely realized my year was upon me, until it had started.

Exactly a year ago today I was on day 3, driving from Atlanta, Georgia, to Leesburg, Florida--just under 400 miles, and probably the most uneventful leg of the whole trip.

This week has been going ok. Tuesday evening, the city deferred to decided on whether or not the team I'm training with will get to stay in the pool we're in. At lunch that day, I walked into a woman hollerin' at the staff to get her food prepared correctly--wreaking havoc on the staff's ability to actually prepare the food. After the woman left--completely ignoring that she'd made 7 other people wait longer for their food--and I'd made my order, the woman behind me in line proceeded to steal my food from the pick-up area and then brazenly ate it in the restaurant in front of everyone--as if she hadn't really taken it. It was even in a to-go bag, which she turned upside-down to get all the stuff out. And, man, did she scarf down that--I've never seen food disappear so fast.

But dinner last night helped balance things out... now if only I could get to unpacking. That, and if I could get iTunes to download faster, ahh...

Oh, and I watched TransAmerica last week--which I quite liked and recommend.


Well I can't tell you where I'm going, I'm not sure of where I've been
But I know I must keep travelin' till my road comes to an end
I'm out here on my journey, trying to make the most of it
I'm a puzzle, I must figure out where all my pieces fit

No comments: