Monday, October 23, 2006

Suddenly I see, this is what I want to be

Today I am on my way back from California, and I do mean the "day" part of it--I've got to remember those red-eyes from the West Coast, cause this whole leave at 11 a.m. get in at 11 p.m. thing sucks.

My few days with dad and sister went well. It was great to see them again, and who knows when I'll get back out there (probably in another year or three; course I don't know when I'll get back to a visit to San Antonio, either). It also appeared Dad had a good 80th birthday.

I, myself, managed to pack in a few movies while away, catching The Devil Wears Prada on the plane out and back, and seeing The Guardian and Little Children with my sister. The Guardian was cool because 2 former Texas swimmers where extras in the movie spending basically the middle portion of the movie on screen. So getting to seem them on the big screen was nice; one even got to sit next to Ashton Kutcher in class--I'm so jealous.

As for Children, it was interesting, particularly as the movie made me realize the childishness of some of the things I've been doing of late--which in some aspects seemed to be the point of the movie.

Anyways, I'm headed back to Florida, and to an annual organization work review beginning tomorrow. Following that, my mom and step-dad are down for a week's visit, and the craziness of the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show. Joyous.


Her face is a map of the world, is a map of the world
You can see she's a beautiful girl, she's a beautiful girl
And everything around her is a silver pool of light
The people who surround her feel the benefit of it
It makes you calm

No comments: