Thursday, October 12, 2006

...ir muy lento, cada vez más lento

I have made it through Hell!

Well, more correctly (and less and more literally), I have finished reading Dante's Inferno; now I just need to decided whether I'm going to read through all the notes that accompany it (and aren't making a ton of sense since they relate to specific lines within the text and I'm not really keen on going back and reading the lines to know what's being talked about--presuming I understood it to begin with).

I'm also pondering whether/not to the read the rest of the Divine Comedy (i.e. Purgatorio and Paradiso)... though I'm not sure I'm ready for Purgatory and Paradise just yet.

So, instead, I did some more reading on the IgNobles. This one from 1995 sounds like something I could use:
"ECONOMICS: Gauri Nanda of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, for inventing an alarm clock that runs away and hides, repeatedly, thus ensuring that people DO get out of bed, and thus theoretically adding many productive hours to the workday."


Y poco a poco olvidar,
el tiempo y su velocidad
Frenar el ritmo, ir muy lento,
Cada vez más lento

No comments: