Saturday, October 07, 2006

Do you believe everything that you read, everything that you see on the set?

I went and saw The Illusionist today, which was quite good.

Going in, I was a tad worried that it would be too similar to The Prestige, which comes out later this month, but I was glad I went. Having now seen it, I believe Prestige will only be similar in the fact that the main characters are illusionists/magicians.

And this reminds me that Hollywood amazingly seems to have the same 2 movies come out at the same time (this also happened last month with The Black Dahlia and Hollywoodland). And that doesn't even get into things like last year's Capote and this year's Infamous (the latter which I'll probably end up seeing because Sandra Bullock's in it--among others).

Course, in addition to a good cast and story, The Illusionist also benefited by having a Rufus in it--a name which since Dogma makes me smile (the 13th apostle, you know).

And what you want, what you really need are two different things wouldn't you say
The line is thin between fun and sin, and were all clockin' in for the day
(And our only care is what to wear)

Every day is a getaway when all of it goes unsaid
I got a holiday, a paid holiday
I got a holiday in my head

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come you didn't mention your laundry adventure in your blog! Inquiring minds want to know :o)