Sunday, February 11, 2007

Party in the city where the heat is on, all night on the beach 'till the break of dawn

So the weekend ends... and I feel like I don't really have anything to report. I spent most of this weekend helping run the timing system at a Florida Senior Circuit meet at the pool; and training one of the parents to do said job. All went fine; I even managed to remember to get a bell out for the mile (a subtle, minor victory; you probably need to be a distance swimmer to really care--the starter beep just is not the same).

The weather was beautiful, and, thankfully, the meet got me outside, or otherwise, I'd have probably just bummed around inside most of the weekend. I did manage to read a good chunk of Midnight's Children (50-75 pages), which is good but hasn't enthralled me (nor has it lost me, either).... All terrible excitement, I know.

I guess my excitement for the weekend happened on Friday when I got to drive to northern Miami to deliver some master tapes for work. It managed to take all of an hour, but I was out-and-about playing in I-95 traffic. I watched Idiocracy on Friday night, and enjoyed that, as well.


Party in the city where the heat is on
All night on the beach till the break of dawn
I'm going to Miami
(bienvenidos a Miami)

No comments: