Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Jenny's got a job, a cat named Jake, 31 candles on her birthday cake... next year

What a difference "a" letter can make: Grimmy
(there's an 'i' in this word--unlike team; the above is from Monday, btw )
.

Time for a little Valentine's Day edition of the association game...
  • Today's title is from Something's Gotta Give by LeAnn Rimes, that was up for an award Sunday (Best Female Country Vocal Performance, I believe), but didn't win. However, Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor did win (Best Dance/Electronic Album).
  • For Madonna's sole other nomination this year (somewhat controversial--apparently--that she only had 2, or that Hung Up wasn't nominated), in Best Dance Recording, she did not win. However, that did lead me to find out that Britney Spears' Toxic won this category in 2005.
  • With Britney, I temporarily got side-tracked by the cleverness that I'm a Slave 4 U samples Do You Think I'm a Nasty Girl (which, in my opinion, is far too overlooked). Anyways, Toxic's excellent chart performance globally lead me to the United World Chart.
  • The United World Chart caused me to find Dido's Life for Rent making for a possible replacement for music exposure. And I like that the video has part of the lyric written out in it.
  • Finding a new Dido song, reminded me of an older one, Hunter, that's been in my head of late because it's also the name of one of the kids (I'm getting old, remember) on the swim team. (I was doing dive 50s next to him the other Saturday--and he wasn't keeping up; he also got a Sectional cut on Sunday.)

And while not completely circular, I'll stop there--Circle isn't today's song anyways (it was 11.29.05--and the quote there is just kinda ironic)... although, now that I think about it, Dido's Hunter came out about the time I stopped watching those awards that I really don't pay attention to anymore (except now, apparently, when I blog about them).

I don't know where it is
But something's gotta give

No comments: