Saturday, July 07, 2007

With an intellect and a savoir-faire, no one in the whole universe will ever compare

Today is 07/07/07... and I spent my Saturday doing... (wait for it)... laundry.
Ahh, the fun. Though I did get it mostly done and put away, as well as had two friends (Vanessa and Blake) assisting/hanging out. All-in-all, not a bad day. Oh, and after a week of off-and-on downloading, I now have season 5 of Alias on my computer to watch--in time to take to Uganda.

As for the rest of the weekend, I have the July June meet tomorrow: the second (July) half of the June Kraser masters meet. I think I'm swimming 4 events, but don't quite remember what I signed up for. And it hasn't helped that swimming this week has been kinda flaky: Monday thundered-out in 5 minutes, Tuesday stormed-out after 30 minutes, Wednesday was solid (2 hours; about 5,000m), Thursday out after 20 minutes (not feeling well), Friday affected by rain delay, and this morning... well, I wished I'd gotten there at 7 to swim.

Next week holds some bigger excitement: the fifth Harry Potter movie opens Wednesday, the local Sectional swim meet starts Thursday, and I leave for Uganda on Saturday. So, I'm trying to finalize my prep work for the trip. Luckily--helping--I found a rather cool live version of today's song (Prince's "7"--some good guitar work from his purpleness), as well as a video for another song I like: George Michael's Spinning the Wheel (he' s on tour in Europe at the moment, possibly coming to the States...). In the meantime, I'll just have to settle with knowing that Cyndi Lauper is playing this weekend here, and the Police are in Miami on Tuesday--following their playing today at the Live Earth concert.

(I also will admit that I've had today's song picked out for a few months now... it just fits.) Hasta


Words of compassion, words of peace
And in the distance, an army's marching feet
But behold... we will watch them fall

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn, I love Prince. One of my fav songs too -- awesome find.