Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tie me kangaroo down, sport

As I was driving home after practice today, Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport came on the radio.... This is one of those instances where I've learned/know a song completely out of its original context/version, and then hear the original.

Kangaroo was one of the songs on a tape of kid versions of songs my sister and I had growing up. Hearing the original today on the radio hearkened back to that tape, and my growing up. Ah, nostalgia is fun, sometime.

And in other news, the US swimming nationals started today (Casey went an 8:58 in her 800--speedy). Results from the meet are online here.

With that, I'll exit, maybe to read some more of my British translation of Crime & Punishment (I mention the nationality, as I've noticed some Britified-Russian habits: drinking tea, having "coppers" and "pences" in ones pocket...)

Mind me platypus duck, Bill,
Mind me platypus duck
Don't let him go running amuck, Bill,
Mind me platypus duck

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nostalgia is a good things, and so is this song. I love it!!!

mph