Friday, August 10, 2007

I wanna really really really wanna zig-a-zig ah

Greetings from The Woodlands... I got into Houston yesterday morning (in time for breakfast tacos at Taco Cabana), bummed around the hotel for a wee bit of the afternoon before heading over to the pool to swim. At the pool, they had an aerator [at left] assisting with cooling the pool: made me wish we had something similar in FtL (particularly since the pool water was 86° earlier this week).

And Masters Nationals got underway this morning. First up was the men's 400 free (I went a decent 4:23), which was followed by a 30-minute warm-up break for the folks who didn't want to get up for the 6:30-8:00 a.m. warm up.


And, per the norm, the second warm-up [pictured at bottom] was more crowded than the first [above]. Although not nearly as dramatic as I've seen before--imagine wall-to-wall swimmers, in each lane. Maybe it'll be better tomorrow...

Anyways, post the second warm-up, I swam the 200 fly (2:17), then had lunch and swam a 50 free on a mixed free relay. Time at the pool 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. (and this is the short day). Ahh, the fun...




But then again, I wasn't the only one waiting around (and the picture of some of my teammates at right was taken fairly early in the morning, way before it started to get really hot).





Did I mention that the grocery store here had Nilla wafers?



If you really bug me then I'll say goodbye

Yo I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want
So tell me what you want, what you really really want
I wanna, I wanna, I wanna, I wanna
I wanna really really really wanna zigazig ah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's a Nilla wafer? (seriously)

Time to Google...

jarret said...

Spicy Wenches, ouch.