Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Just walk away, just walk a-way...

"This scares me politically. There is no anger that comes close to the anger of an American that cannot get television."
-Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo.

The quote above was from a discussion about how U.S. t.v. is preparing to go all digital, which means that the older, traditional, antennas will no longer work...

Other news items from the past few days...
  • Americans think text messaging should be banned while driving (I may need to start carpooling/riding the bus). Course I'm not really sure that it will make U.S. drivers better... people holding their phone up to their ear or watching a movie in their car seem more dangerous to me (and that's not even mentioning the people who like to stop in the middle of three lanes of traffic, or the people who drive like they're on a NASCAR track, instead of the street...)
  • Apparently the name of the lyrics-guessing t.v. show I mentioned the other day is actually "The Singing Bee" (which would explain why I couldn't find anything about a "Music Bee" online). I found the name, along with a Lyrics IQ test, here (I got 11 of 12 ;-).
  • One of my old teammates (Caitlin) got named to the USA team that will swim in Japan later this month--it's her first international trip (congrats!!!).
  • And the 2008 Olympics start exactly a year from today, at 8:08 p.m. local-Beijing time (NBC didn't get them to move that) on August 8: 08/08/08. (Eight's a lucky number in Chinese culture, I believe.)

Otherwise, I leave for Masters Nationals in The Woodlands, TX tomorrow morning, and as of this afternoon my boss is sending me to Acapulco the Thursday and Friday before my birthday (oh the heartbreak of it all...).

I'm looking for attention, not another question
Should you stay or should you go?
Well if you don't have the answer
Why you still standing here?
Hey, hey, hey, hey...

No comments: