Tuesday, August 21, 2007

You oughta know

Hurricane Dean appears to have less of an effect on my trip to Acapulco later this week, than what I thought earlier this week. Rather than having to cross the middle of the storm on my flight from Houston to the Pacific coast town, it now appears that I'll be flying to the east of the system's remnants (which is good).

It's also good news that Dean didn't really directly hit Jamaica, nor Cayman.


In other news, however...

the International Olympic Committee has posted further information on the Youth Olympic Games: "YOG" is the acronym they're using--one letter shy of yoga or yogi.... Included in that information was the beginnings of the sport disciplines to be offered (swimming is one of them). Interesting, all the "sports" at the 2012 Olympics will be a part of the 2010 Youth Olympics, but not all the disciplines (e.g. volleyball will either be indoor or beach, but not both).

The whole idea is still a little bogus to me, particularly given the general craziness I currently see with parents of young athletes (and that's not even really taking into account the fact that in some sports, the same athletes could be at both the YOGs and the Olympics...). But, who knows, maybe they'll work, and help "revive" younger generations to sport. Guess I'll keep my fingers crossed.

On a lighter note, I'm liking the song Easy by Paula DeAnda at the moment. There's a list of 25 "strange" laws (e.g. #9: unmarried women who parachute on Sunday in Florida can be jailed--hear that Fry?). Oh, and the birthday week is upon me... even managed to track down some UT Croc sandals online today. :)

I want you to know
That I'm happy for both of you
I wish nothing but
The best for you both

No comments: